Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Out and about at Cannon Beach, Oregon

So I intended to write this blog post over a month ago and time just got away from me and it was sitting in my "drafts post" box. Finally finished this post up! There are still a couple pieces from the show still available if you are interested. Sept 15, 2015 - Nicole

...........................................................................................................................

Last weekend was the opening to my show at Archimedes Gallery in Cannon Beach, Oregon. I've been showing with the gallery since their debut a couple years ago and it's always a pleasure to work with a great group of folks!

I had six original paintings featuring woodland homes among the trees and streams, many locations inspired by the regions around the Pacific Northwest. I love the  moss, trees, bark, and ecosystems of this region. These paintings illustrate possibilities of what it would be like to live in little fictional villages in these settings.







If you are curious about more pieces in the show, visit www.archimedesgallery.com. The show will be on view for the rest of the month

...........................................................................................................................

One of the perks of the show was that I had the whole weekend to explore the Cannon Beach area which I love.






It was really great to see the beach at different times of day. Seeing the sun set over the ocean is really wonderful and such a calm feeling. I also heard while I was out there that the next morning around 6AM would be an unusual low tide because of the moon and time of year.

So the next morning I set off with one of the people who were kind enough to host me for the weekend. (And aren't adventures always more fun with a comrade!)


Almost all of Haystack rock was exposed and we were able to walk out to the second needle (pillar-like rock). There were really great starfish and tidepools among the rocks. Many sea anemone in quantities I had never seen before!








SO many starfish! Some area's of the coast are doing better, but the starfish wasting disease is still affecting many starfish.


This area that we're in is north of Cannon Beach, more towards Ecola State Park. It was beautiful and rocky, and we were only a handful of people out there at low tide.







It was an incredible experience to see this area that I didn't know about., and super awesome to stay with my host family and hang out with the gallery owners for the weekend. If you are up in Cannon Beach, I regularly have original artwork and a variety of prints of choose from.


No comments: